Friday, June 29, 2007

The Biblical Art of Breastfeeding


Sorry about the Bible version, it is a bit hard to read, but was the only one I have on e-sword. Enjoy God's amazing word on nursing. It amazes me that much of the scriptures speak of God nursing us His child!!! How cool is that!

Exo 2:7 and 9 Then said his sister to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?
And Pharaoh's daughter said unto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And the woman took the child, and nursed it.

Rth 4:16 And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it.

1Th 2:7 But we were gentle in the midst of you, as when a nurse cherisheth her own children:

Num 11:12 Have I conceived all this people? have I brought them forth, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing-father carrieth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers?

Gen 21:8 And the child grew, and was weaned. And Abraham made a great feast on the day that Isaac was weaned.

1Sa 1:22-24 But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up until the child be weaned; and then I will bring him, that he may appear before Jehovah, and there abide for ever. And Elkanah her husband said unto her, Do what seemeth thee good; tarry until thou have weaned him; only Jehovah establish his word. So the woman tarried and gave her son suck, until she weaned him. And when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with three bullocks, and one ephah of meal, and a bottle of wine, and brought him unto the house of Jehovah in Shiloh: and the child was young.

Psa 131:2 Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul; Like a weaned child with his mother, Like a weaned child is my soul within me. (One of my favorites!!!)

Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den.

Job 3:12 Why did the knees receive me? Or why the breast, that I should suck?

Isa 60:16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the nations, and shalt suck the breast of kings; and thou shalt know that I, Jehovah, am thy Saviour, and thy Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Isa 66:11 that ye may suck and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.

1Co 3:2 I fed you with milk, not with meat; for ye were not yet able to bear it: nay, not even now are ye able;

Heb 5:13 For every one that partaketh of milk is without experience of the word of righteousness; for he is a babe.

1Pe 2:1-3 Putting away therefore all wickedness, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes, long for the spiritual milk which is without guile, that ye may grow thereby unto salvation; if ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious:

No comments: