Thursday, August 30, 2012

10 Years... NO Kids... Victoria, BC..

A few weeks ago Tim and I were able to get away, just the two of us for our 10th anniversary!


We went to Vancouver Island, and stayed in Victoria... We were able to used points and vouchers for airfare and one of our hotels. It was amazing!



The first night we went to Buchard Gardens... on Saturday nights they have THE most amazing fireworks show!!! It is seriously cool! I wasn't really "into" it until I saw it. We also had a sweet picnic dinner on the lawn... one was enough for both of us (they tried to get us to buy 2).



We rode bikes one day, walked a lot and saw some beautiful sights in Victoria. It was very European... to me... and reminded me a tad of London or Dublin.



Tim planned daily devos for us to cover our marriage, child rearing and family life... the theme was "love"... it was a highlight of the trip for me!



We ate some really good food!!! Really good! My favorites were: Sooke Harbor House, Rebar, Barb's Fish and Chips, and Blue Water in Vancouver.




 We went and visited this amazing "castle" in Victoria... In the library it said, "Reading Maketh A Full Man." The wood work was stunning.



We spent one night in Vancouver, it was too big for me... too many people! But we had a great dinner, an amazing hotel, with complimentary car (just a Bentley) that took us to dinner. And we went a saw Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story... it was super fun! Our cute indian taxi cab driver was lamenting the taxes on owning property in the Vancouver area and said, "I don't know who could pay those taxes... maybe they are smugglers!" That is a conversation you don't have in Durango... never. It was a fun experience and totally amazing!

TEN years!!!

No comments: