Thursday, January 31, 2013

The School Room ~ 2013

I've been meaning to post about our school room.
Does anyone else really really "love" school rooms?
I do. It is that "old teacher" that still resides in me down deep.

Crayons, whiteboards, posters and cork.
The smell of dry erase markers.
It is ((sort of)) Heavenly. Sort of.

I know other's detest the thought of being "locked up" in a school room and proceed to do school everywhere in the home, but for us this is our launching pad and home base for school.
We start here and often go other places through out our day, but it gives us order and routine and a place to leave things and not be bothered with moving for meals and such. For us, it works.

Our space. Table made by daddy that we've LONG out grown.

The fact wall and my newly acquired shelves from a friend who moved.


The nature nook. A place for all things found and scavenged.

The other side with shelves and book storage,
and a little extra table to the lower right corner.

Thea's Toddler Corner... aka, "The Rug".
She has a love/hate relationship with it, but it works.

3 comments:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Wow I love your space!! All the windows are wonderful! You've done a great job!

Unknown said...

Your wall map is really beautiful! Could you tell me where to find one for our school room?

Marci said...

Erin - I'd love to be able to tell you, but it was given to us and I have NO idea where it was acquired. My assumption was that it was a school map because it came to us laminated. It is lovely. I would like to make a wooden frame for it... it is on the "to do" list for my husband! :-D