Thursday, November 11, 2010

Every Day Whispers

So I was told this morning, “Can you please get me a family update for the newsletter?” (We send out newsletters because we raise support for our salary at CBX...) My first thought was, “Hum… how do I even begin to unpack this fall for everyone?”

It’s been a busy fall… not the way we like it, for sure. Fall’s are meant to be our “down season” of rest and Sabbath after a long summer. We’ve started home schooling with Addie and Elias too (a bit) and that in its self is a big deal. Tim is continuing in his graduate studies… another big deal that just complicates everything. We have LOTS of projects going on that are equally time consuming and weighty (a remodel, starting adopting, camp stuff) and on top of it all, well we are just living every day life.

In all of this busyness it is easy to miss the most important things. Recently God has been speaking two things over and over and over to me, all through this summer and into this fall. Every where I look these words, concepts and messages are whispered to me…

I am with you…

I am God with you…

I am Emmanuel!


AND


Peace, be still…

My peace I give to you, not as the world gives…

I will give you my peace!

Honestly, I cry as I write this, because God is SO good! He is a God that communicates to me his daughter in my daily activities, in the mundane and in amazing and even mind stretching ways! All of that said, we are good, God is with us and He is giving us His amazingly perfect peace!

We are growing, challenged and becoming more in the image of our Lord Jesus! Our children are growing. Addie is almost reading, Elias is enjoying being a big boy, and Cora is now part of the pack… no longer a baby! And in all of it we see the Lord working, participating and more than a just a limited feature in our lives! Really it can’t get any better than that!

No comments: