- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk or half/half
- 1 can pumpkin pie pumpkin
- 1 can plain pumpkin (or sub with freshly cooked pumpkin)
- salt and pepper
- 2 Table spoons Agave Nectar or sweetener of choice
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
-First, steam a pumpkin, cut into pieces, for 30 to 45 minutes (If you'd rather do that than use canned). Puree in electric mixer or food processor.
- Set aside. Can be prepared a day or two in advance. When ready to make the soup.
- Saute onions in butter in a large saucepan over low heat until soft. Sprinkle in flour and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually add chicken broth, half and half, then pumpkin puree and agave nectar. Cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Pour into bowls, add dusting of nutmeg and pumpkin seeds.