Saturday, August 1, 2009

Skunk Crossing

Two evenings ago I loaded up the kiddos in our Suburban and headed down the dirt road of our drive way going to dinner at the camp. We got to a place on our road that is flanked by a gully on each side... I assume a spring or run off is down on each side... I ought to go explore it. About 30 feet before we crossed this area I noticed a herd of skunks started crossing in front of us... yep that is right, a herd of skunks. I am not exaggerating to say that there were at least 8-10 skunks all bunched up in a little herd running with lofted tails across the road. At first I couldn't believe my eyes. Addie was in the passenger seat and I yelled with amazement, "Addie! Do you see all those skunks?" With matched amazement she said, "Yeah! That is a lot of skunks!" I got out to see the last one shuffle down the gully and into the brush. All I could do was laugh out loud! I didn't even know skunks hang out together.
Seriously, the funniest and most unusual thing I have seen since my college days when I saw a VW Bug high centered on a frozen turkey in the middle of 6th Ave.

1 comment:

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.