Sunday, April 3, 2016

Writers Block

A few days ago Tim said... "Wow! It's been 2 months since you've blogged! What's going on?"

A few months before that he said, "When you first started blogging you wrote for us  and not for your readers... I liked that better."

I've known this for awhile but didn't know what to do. 

I've written a lot this year ... but haven't felt they were "worthy" of posting. 

Ive also been afraid to post them. 

I said, "Sometimes I'm afraid people will read what I write." 

"Isn't that the point?" Observed Tim. 

I said with a  laugh and an eye roll, "Well, yes... And no." After thinking, "I just feel like what I have to really say isn't what people want to read." 

He says, "Well, I don't think that is the point, write about our life and your thoughts and who wants or needs to read it will..." 

Well, thanks a bunch! 

So, I'm starting over. 

I use to write a lot about just what's on my heart... That was the point of blogging back in its genesis... But then things change, as they always do and people started getting paid to do it and it lost some of its genuineness and that sort of made me feel I had to match how other people do things. But I don't. I realize that... 

This is mostly just our story and about the time when Eli peed out the car window and the story about how Allan and Thea came home and about how I grew up as they grew. It's about marriage and babies and mothering and teaching and camp. 

So, I'll try to push aside my block or  climb over it and be a bit more genuine and less "Mrs Fix-it". 

More to come... In time. 

Read, if you like... Or don't. 😊





No comments: