Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fair Compensation

Today I thought, "I'm not getting paid enough to do this..." as I searched my tan/brown carpet for little pebble sized pieces of poop that had fallen out of an un-named child's underwear. Of course several pieces were stepped on... oh the joy, lucky me! And they were evenly dispersed through 2 bedrooms, on the stairs, living room and right next to the toilet in the bathroom (that gave me some hope that at least an attempt was made to put them in the potty).

Then I realized... I'm not paid at all. At least not with money. I did get several, "I LOVE you mommies", "Mommy you pretties", multiple slobbery kisses, 2 zurberts on my stomach and several "nuggles" (snuggles) and at least one, "I'm sorry mom." I think that is fair compensation for having to pick up poop.

Keeping it real.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! Great post! Keepin' it real, keepin' it real! :)