Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love is...

This morning we were talking about love and what it REALLY is... sacrifice.




Trouble forgiving.
Being mad.
Late night awakenings.
Screaming fits.
Frustration.
Wanting things.
Disobedience.
"Personal" time.
Me. Me. Me.

I am not often surprised when a four year old struggles with "life"... but I am astounded that I STILL do... 

I am really struggling recently to love others, that is instead of myself. 
I am frustrated by life right now. It is sin. And I know it!

It isn't that I don't "love them"... but that my love isn't being self-sacrificing. Compassionate. Humble.
All of love leads me back to these thoughts: family, forgiveness, sacrifice/giving, and truth. 



1 John 3 (selected verses)...

"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.

For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 


By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything."



Today we remember and focus on the Love that has been lavished on us!
Without it we wouldn't even know where to start with "love"... but with it we have all the power to love others like we have been loved by our Savior!


What is love?


Addie – Getting something that you don’t deserve, like grace.

Eli – What comes form your heart and spreads all around.

Allan – Feeling thankful in your heart.

Cora – I think love is helping and being nice to others.

Thea – Hug.


No comments: