Monday, February 13, 2012

Hair... Cutting A Boy's Hair


So... it is always best to research how to do something before just diving in... general "wise" rule of thumb, right?
Right.

Well I didn't.
We decided to cut both of our cutie boy's hair (I'll get photos of Elias up too...). Tim did Eli's. It is decent.
I had watched a friend in UG cut Allan-ee's hair and thought I could just jump right in and do it. They say, "Pride comes before the fall."
Yep. It does.

I just spritzed it and started shaving away... You might know why this was bad news, but if you don't I'll go on.

See, he has super duper looper tight curls... I think 4b and 4c over all. They pack down into little coils that look almost like teeny tiny little BB's. And I didn't comb them out, so basically the clippers would catch on them and pull... it was painful. After cutting it then the little BB's decided to uncoil slightly here and there and made him look all patchy.

It was NOT a good hair cut.
He even looked at it funny.

So I researched... YOU MUST ALWAYS COMB OUT THE HAIR WITH A FINE TOOTH COMB, SPRITS WITH WATER AND GET IT STANDING UP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!

Then it will cut with out being painful and it will be even in length.

I re-did it today. It looks good.
It is at least even.




How do you like that hair line trim??? Pretty decent for a mama who a day before KNEW nothin' about cutting a sweet brown boy's hair.
I want to give him a mohawkish style next time... longer on top, short on the sides!!!

He thinks it is fun to smile so big his eyes close... why must 5 year olds smile so?
All of mine do this at about age 4 or 5... Eli does it too.
But such a beautiful "fake" smile it is!




No comments: