Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sick

This winter has been a "sick" winter.
You know how every other winter sickness is worse and just comes over and over and over!
Sniffles, strep, croup, crud, barfing, flu, virus and pink eye! I
've been trying to get together with another mom for at least 2, maybe 3 months now and we've both had it all!

It is almost funny at this point!

But in it all I just keep thinking, "Wow, God, why me?"
Not that I am so sad we keep getting sick, but "Why me, how come you blessed me with a hospital and doctor literally 3 miles away."

Why me, that my sweet baby boy get immediate medical attention when he is struggling to breath and a chest x-ray and a machine all his own to help him when he coughs at night and loads of medicine and only a $35 co-pay?

When things like latex gloves, anitbiotic ointment and cough syrup are HUGE needs on the other side of the globe? Seriously, when was the last time you thought, "Man! I sure wish I could get some neosporin!" and really really meant it.
Me, never.

I feel unworthy and far to ungrateful for all these amazing blessings.
And on top of it I gripe about it ruining my social plans.

So as I feel a sore throat coming on, I am thankful.
Thankful I have no fear, that I have all I need (and far far more) and thankful that my heart now knows how sick it can be from things that don't allow me to rely on God alone.

1 comment:

Mountain Family said...

I know what you mean about being thankful for our medical care. I have often thought that since our trip to Uganda and our view of a Ugandan hospital. Hope you can pull out of all the sickness soon!

-Kat