Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nuigurumi


The Japanese are seriously about the most "brilliant" people on the planet... their culture has given us sushi, origami, haiku, rock gardens, futons, green tea and amazingly adorable and creative crafts... my newest discovery... Nuigurumi "sew and wrap" stuffed animals.

These hand-sized, hand-sewn creatures are a new favorite in our house... for mom to make and kiddos to love. They took me just an hour or so to make and really were fun.

I didn't even feel the need to use a pattern (which I usually need to be successful at sewing). I just cut felt and stitched away. The elephant is probably the "best made" as I made it last... I use the "blanket stitch" which looks much more professional and decorative.

Hooray for Nuigurumi!





Addie's is the owl (my fav.) Elias the elephant and Cora the piggy.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

Cute! I may just try to make some too.