Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Boy's First Love


One of God's best creations was little boys! When I taught I'd always hear other teachers saying, "Oh, I just don't know what I am going to do this year, I have a classroom full of little boys and only 5 girls..." and they'd shake their heads in discouragement. Much to my surprise I found how much I appreciated the qualities that those rambunctious little boys brought into my class... their honesty, their ingenuity, and their eagerness.

Elias, our boy adds SO much to our family. He is calm, content, wild and passionate all in the same day. He has these thoughts that are so clear and thought out it just cracks me up.

This summer he "fell in love" with one of our counselors, "Emery" (a variation of how he says her name). He LOVES Emery! She is a very pretty young woman... we can all see why! Any way, he would always go sit on Emery's lap, hold her hand and find reason to go be with her. She was a trooper, dealing with a 3 year old and a cabin full of girls just to show Elias love. :-) One time, he was sitting on her lap, turned around and grabbed her face and planted a HUGE kiss on her lips! Whao, buddy!

The summer ended and Elias would mournfully say, "I MISS EMERY!!!" on a daily basis. Luckily she lives in our town and goes to our church so we do get to see her. A few weeks ago, Addie showed Elias our wedding photo on our bedroom wall and said, "See that Elias, when you grow up you'll find a wife and get married too." Well, it was all over then! Elias said, "I gunna marry Emery!" We both laughed and said, "Buddy, you have to grow up first!" Elias thought a minute and said, "Ok, I marry Emery when I turn 4!" That's that, it is decided in his mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! :D How does Emery feel about this? :)
I've really been making an effort to appreciate the general wildness and abandon in my boys too! It is SO nice! Just not to think they are being "naughty" all the time but to realize that they are just being boys! Being different from a girl is NOT naughty! ;) Thank the Lord He has been showing me this!!! Boys are delightful!!!