We do this silly little thing each Thanksgiving called the Five Kernels. Basically a legend says that when the pilgrims lived through their first winter in America they only had five kernels of corn to eat each day, but for those they were thankful. So we write down the five things we are thankful for and share them.
1. I am thankful for my new daughter, her safe and happy arrival and that I get to be a mother again.
2. I am thankful for my son and daughter, how they have grown.
3. I am thankful for my husband, how he seeks to know me more today than yesterday and the friend he is to me.
4. I am thankful for my community, my church and how they challenge me to be more than I am.
5. I am thankful for a God who IS.