Sunday, August 15, 2010

Camp's End


Camp is almost officially over... after tomorrow the staff are free to go.

I can say honestly, this was one of the more difficult, stressful and tiring summer's we have had.
(This was taken about 3 weeks to the end of camp)


Not to say it wasn't good, it was,
very very good.

So much was accomplished,
so may children touched and loved and taught!
That is probably what made it so tiring.

For me, I know I never feel like I do enough at or for the camp... but I am only one person that is split between helping at camp and running my home and caring and teaching my children and helping my husband. Lord, knows I had enough trouble keeping his green camp shirt clean and ready when he needed it!

I learned long ago I can't do it all...
at least not all at the same time.

But, I know I still did what I could and did it to the point that I don't have much left. That's good I suppose. I'm not sure I've ever been so tired, with the exception of having a newborn sleepless nights kind of tired... but really I am just about to that point.

So is my husband. He worked 6am to 10 or 11pm every day for the last 3 months, with no substantial breaks in the day. Because of that, I've spent from 7am until bed time for the last 3 months as sole parent of our three children, bouncing back and forth between home and camp, naps and dinner, while trying to fit in time to "minister" to others and never really feeling like I get it done well because everyone else is either too busy or ministering to others themselves. I feel disappointed I didn't do more, but sure I did all I could given my circumstances.

I think we all feel like we've been chewed up and spit out.

But, we survived, we did good and we get to enjoy sabbath at it's best... fall.

Thank you God!
Thank you for sustaining me.
Thank you for giving me strength when I am weak.
Thank you for being with me when I am alone.
Thank you for not making me earn your love or approval.
Thank you for forgiving me when I sin.
Thank you for giving me what I do not have so that I can give it to others.
Thank you for being you!




No comments: