Monday, May 3, 2010

April 25th - Elias is 3!



A week and a day ago my boy turned 3 years old!

My children's birthdays always brings me back to the moments that placed them into my arms. Elias was born in Durango, CO... at the hospital. I wanted to deliver him in the water (totally allowed here in Durango... even at the hospital). But, ended up shuffling very dramatically to the bed and pushing him out a split second later... shesh, I know. What were those silly nurses thinking!

Elias was born on his due date, weighing exactly 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 7 gms... completely perfect!

My most vivid memory of his entrance into our family was tha
t I expected a similar first night home as our 1sts... fussy with no sleep. Tim, my mom and I scheduled out a plan for each of us to take 3 hours during the night to have him... my mom went first after his pm nursing. She woke me at midnight when he roused. I was less than enthusiastic to heared he'd slept good... I thought it meant I'd be up for 3 hours with him. I nurse him in my cozy rocking chair and he fell asleep with his plump little cheek on my shoulder. I then fell asleep with my cheek on his cheek... I woke up at 3 am... still sleeping, I move to the couch. I woke up an hour later... still sleeping so I move up to bed. That dream baby nursed and fell back a sleep until 8 am! We were all shocked... life has been just about that easy with Elias ever since.
Elias is compassionate, calm, thoughtful and just about as cute as they get. He is just starting to talk good and the things he says, no, the way he says them cracks me up. Elias is a major thumb sucker and loves to rub his ears with the fuzzy blanket he named "ReeRee" (fuzzy). He will even use his dad's hairy arms to rub his ear with. He is all boy, loves guns, fishing poles, and trains. He some how manages to put up being the boy between two girls!

I don't have a clue what God will do with this boy, but I know it has got to be something amazing!


1 comment:

Jolene said...

Oh Marci...he's a little man already!!! So adorable!!