Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wheat Free Fusion Noodle Soup

8 cups water
2-4 chicken or veggie bullion cubes
1 cup diced chicken, turkey, shrimp or tofu
1/4 c. diced cilantro
1/2 c. sliced scallions
1/2 c. sliced asparigus or snow peas (other veggies are great, use what you have on hand)
1 T. grated ginger root
1-2 T. sweetener, I like agave nectar
2 T. peanut butter
1 t. sesame oil with chili oil
1 T. soy sauce
1/2 package of broken and cooked buckwheat (Soba) noodles

1. Boil soba noodles as directed on bag. Rinse with cold water and set aside (don't put them in the soup, they will disolve if over cooked).
2. Make broth, adding veggies first then seasonings. Bring to a boil and let veggies cook. Last add the peanut butter.
3. Add cooked meat.
4. Put a portion of the noodles in serving bowls and top with the soup.

Funny Story:
When I served this to my family my older daughter was eating it great until she saw the cilantro. I hadn't chopped it up, just pulled the leaves off and put it in the soup. She said, "Oh, no! There is a leaf in my soup!" as if it were a fly or something not meant to be there.

No comments: