Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Teething

Elias has just popped out his 1st tooth. It sounds so trivial when you say it, but as a parent it is quite an exciting event and as a child it seems to be such a time of turmoil and travail! It is amazing how a little pearly line on his gum could cause such disruption in our day! I really need to make it to Walmart (we are on our last roll of TP) but just can't bring myself to muster enough courage to take my sweet, but fussing, runny nosed and chewing baby with me. I know I will regret it once I am there. Another observation of parenting is that Walmart makes everything WORSE. You take a mildly grumpy toddler in that place and it automatically makes the mild turn to wild! A friend told me that she thinks it is the florescent lights that hypnotize them into being as unruly as possible! Why Walmart would want that it is beyond me? They should put in calming lights, so that children automatically fall asleep and say, "Yes, mommy" in sweet sing songy voices. I won't even begin to explain my disgust at the length of check out lines...

1 comment:

merrell said...

my thought is that walmart is secretly tortures the soul . . . i don't know ANYONE who is joyful about going there. i guess that's why we stopped :) wish i could pass on some of our costco tp to you marci!!!