Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Day of Contrasts and Poop of All Kinds

I don't have a photo for today. 
But, many exist in my mind. 

Woke up to poop. Poop every where which made me cry a horribly pathetic and selfish cry. That's how it began. 

Listened to a friend's heart. 

Watched my man work. 
Learned to drive a tractor.

A child soiled themselves for no explainable reason... And stunk up the car on the drive home. I managed not to cry or get (too) irritated. 

Watched two people join their lives together in marriage. Cried then too. 

Watched two people bring home their long lost sons... And family made in an instant. Cried a whole lot. 

I see how I'd much rather cry about the right things in life. 

Not about what I think I deserve. Not what I want. Not about upholding my rights. Rights to a poop free life.

But about the sheer wonder and goodness and humility in accepting that we are given what we get. Straight from the good and loving and kind hand of God!

Life isn't about what we get (like cleaning up other people's crap) but about getting to do the "poopy" things with those put around us. Like an 11 yo who sees her mamas discouragement and gets out a rag and wipes down a poop coated crib not because she's told but because she wants to help her mama.

Life's about wiping up each others filth... In marriage, as friends, our kids and in adoption. And doing it without being concerned with our own rights. Doing it gladly. Doing it because we can and because it was "given" to us. 

Considering this day. It was wholly a failure on my account. But wholly a victory for the work that it produced with in me. So many gifts were laid in my hands. Some filthy poop. Some opportunities to see what lies beyond the filth of this grimey world and to see the stunning beauty that lays ahead! 


"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God." - Romans 8:18-21

1 comment:

Julianna said...

Thank you :)! I miss you. I'm glad you are blogging again.